Where Are We?
“Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.”
Global Village enjoys a pleasant riverside setting, yet is only a two minutes drive from the centre of town and a two minutes drive also to our rugged west coast beach, famous for spectacular sunsets and green stone hunting.
A supermarket is conveniently located 400m away, 200m to Aquatic Centre, and a two minutes walk to the iconic West Coast pub – the famous Monteith’s Brewery – 400m down the road.
How to find us by…
- From the south, turn left off SH6 at Mobil service station/New World supermarket, then right. This is Cowper St. We are 400m along on the left.
- From the north, continue on SH6 bypassing main town centre. Turn right into Franklin Street, just after Fire Station, then left onto Cowper Street. We are 200m along on the right.
- We have plenty of safe off-street parking.
- West Coast Shuttle and Atomic Shuttle travel to and from Christchurch, and will drop you off and pick you up at the door.
- InterCity Coachlines travel between Nelson and Franz Josef & Fox Glaciers, stopping at Greymouth train station. Free Pick-up and Drop-off available on request.
- TranzAlpine scenic train travels to and from Christchurch. Free Pick-up and Drop-off available on request.